Sunday, February 7, 2016

hospitality

I witnessed an amazing piece of hospitality last week in church.  It was at the 10:10 service.  A couple that I know were in their favorite pew on the back row.  They were sitting on the isle.  Primo seats.

The service was very full. The only seats left were up in the very front.  The couple noticed a young family around 30 come in the back.  Husband, wife and a baby in a carrier.  After a brief discussion between the couple seated in the pew, they got up, got out and offered their seats to the young family.  They insisted that the young family take their seats.  I was so touched.  I almost started to cry.  The act made me so happy!

Later I saw that couple seated up in the balcony.  Such graciousness needs to be recognized.  If we gave an award for monthly hospitality, this month it would go to Keith and Regina Province.

Who can you bless at church tomorrow?  How can you help someone else feel welcome?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: