Friday, February 5, 2016

learning what we don't know


I have come to believe that in this life we must learn what we do not know.  That seems patently obvious when we are young and when we are growing up.   Although we want to get done with school, we know that it is needful.  Unfortunately, often as adults we tend to think that we know it all.  Hey, I am 40- what do I need to learn?  Hey I am 50- what do I need to learn?

The truth is, we are all so very limited.  We all have much to learn.  If we aren't learning, then we are limiting our future and our options only to those things that are currently in our minds.

I have realized that much of what has propelled the growth of our church over the last few years are things that I learned from others.  I have started telling people that much of what will help you be successful in the future, you do not even know yet because you have not learned it.  We must keep learning.

Who in your life can you learn from?

Woodrow Wilson said, "I not only use all of the brains that I have, but all I can borrow."

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: