Sunday, May 1, 2016

Crucify me

I visited with an old friend the other day.   I invited him back to church.  He said, “oh, those people would crucify me.”

I told him that it was a big church and there were plenty of places to hide if he needed to do that.  But how sad, to think that others would want to get even or exact revenge.  How sad that sometimes it is true that people do want to hurt back, and how sad it is to live in such fear of retaliation.  This person does not realize that he has been forgiven.

There are difficult things that happen in this life.  Life is messy.  Somehow we have to find the grace to move along.  If we believe that God can forgive all sins, then maybe someday we will learn to do so as well-  To forgive even our own sins, to finally believe that grace is bigger than whatever it is that I have done.

Blessed is the man or woman who does not hold a grudge. 
Blessed is the the man or woman who releases others from their sins.
Blessed are the persons who forgive themselves.

Life is short and life is good.  Let’s do everything that we can to live in the joy of the positive.

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: