Saturday, April 30, 2016

What we don't know

I was reading about this somewhere…..  We don’t need people that know everything.  Those are dangerous people indeed.  We need people who know that they don’t know everything.  We need people whose paradigm is open.  We need to be driven by our desire to be whole, not our insistence that know it all.  Healthy people listen to others and learn.  

I once asked a very knowledgeable friend of mine how he got so smart, how he learned all the things that he knows.  He said, “my dad always told me that you have two ears and one mouth, so listen more than you talk.”  This is hard for a preacher to admit, but sometimes we need to talk less and listen more.  If we don’t listen more, we will be doomed to a life that is limited by our confining paradigms.  I don’t know about you, but I want more from life than that.


It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good. 

No comments: