Friday, April 29, 2016

Grace

Another airplane story.  Monday I flew to Vero Beach to spend the week with Cathy and visit with folks at the Cape Coral church.  I will be back on Sunday to preach.

As a general rule, I don't talk to people on airplanes.  I mean I am polite and helpful, but I don't strike up random conversations.  I figure that they bought their seat, not me, and their space and time is theirs, not mine to intrude into.  So I usually just put on my headphones, mind my own business and listen to music during the flight.

So on the leg to Atlanta on Monday, there were two big guys talking loudly across the isle.  My headphones are noise cancelling, so I could hear them, but I didn't know what they were talking about.  When we landed, the man closest to me said to the other man, "and that is why grace is so amazing."

I felt my heart strangely warmed.  I couldn't stop myself.  I reached across the isle, tapped him and we talked for 5 minutes about grace.  Oh, what a joyful talk!  What a joyful topic.  How thankful I am for grace!  How I wish I would have known more of it as a young man.  What a blessing to know that we are loved by God!

I had an odd thought- maybe I should get a small tattoo on my hand.  Just the word Grace.  Simple and readable.  Maybe someone would see it and want to talk about grace.  Would anyone mind if I got such a tattoo?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you friend and pastor for letting us kid with you. You definitely do not want a "Grace" tattoo on your hand. It might get you punched out by some dude who thought you were dating his girlfriend.