Friday, April 1, 2016

waiting

I would like to write something funny for April Fools Day, but I am thinking about something else.  I am thinking about waiting.  This is the time of the year when churches are waiting, and some pastors are waiting.

Who will our new pastor be?  Will we like them?  What church will they assign me to?  Will they like me?  Can I make new friends?  Will life feel normal again?

We are not very good at waiting.  Impatience and worry both are based in a lack of trust.  If we really believe that God has this moment and this situation in hand, then we have nothing to worry about.  All will be well.

It takes a good deal of practice to get good at this.  I hope that you play a good joke on someone today.  Get your mind off of your worries.  God is still Lord of the universe.  As my friend Lynn says, "everything will be alright in the end, if everything is not alright, then it is not yet the end."

Worry saps your soul energy, but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.
Isaiah 40:31

It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: