Wednesday, April 6, 2016

the self

I think pretty regularly about the personal battle we all face with selfishness. Although I realize that much is yet to be eradicated from my life, the fact that I think about the battle regularly, gives me hope.

I read this Demello quote:

"You are so proud of your intelligence”, said the master. “You are like a condemned man proud of the vastness of his prison cell.”

And so when we are smug in our knowledge and full of our selves, we can't even see what is going on around us.  I wonder how our lives would change if when walking into a particular situation, instead of thinking, "I GOT THIS.  I KNOW WHAT TO DO,"  instead of thinking that, we walked into situations and said, "what is here for me to learn?"

Let's pray-

Dear Father, what can I learn today?  Help me to put my ego in check so that I can love you and love others.  Amen.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: