Friday, June 23, 2017

BUG!!!

So I have this scab on my arm.  I am not sure how it got there, but it has been there for a month for sure.  It is about the size of a June bug and it won't go away.  I have been worried about it, and the fact that it just won't heal.

Then I realized something.  I keep catching it out of the corner of my eye and thinking it IS a bug.  I have been startled by it 20 times.  I have hit it 17 times.  I have made it bleed.  I have shaken my arm out of the socket 4 times.

You know what, things won't heal when you keep smacking them.  Stop and think about that. ... things won't heal when you keep smacking them.

No matter how many times I tell myself that it is not a bug, my brain still reacts to it.  Laugh for a minute.  OK, are you done?  Now let me ask you a question.... are there things in your life that you react negatively to that turn out to be nothing?  Are there pieces of your life that won't heal because you won't stop picking them?

Cringe.  Not so funny when I look at it that way.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you've asked for it! Fourteen momma types are going to log in to your blog and tell you you had better head to a dermatologist and tell he/she you have "a bug" Skin lesions are nothing to take lightly.

Cheryl Casement said...

Love this post. So true. However, as a person who has had skin cancer x3 (2 basal cell, 1 melanoma), please,please, please get that 'June bug' checked by a dermatologist (not family doc). Squamous cell can look like a sore that scabs over, bleeds, and won't heal. A month is too long for this to hang around. Even if you swat at it.

Unknown said...

I agree with Cheryl Do it!

Anonymous said...

Jeff. You have such a gift at making a sermon from overlooked, ordinary, everyday moments. Have you ever submitted to the Upper Room as devotions? I think you should consider publishing your blog into a book. They would bless many people as they think, "I never thought of it that way before."