Sunday, June 2, 2019

adjusting to life

On making adjustments in life.

Sometimes things change. Sometimes we don’t like the particular change.

I remember running down a fly ball from left field when I was 28 years old, no one thought I could get there but I did. Now I’m 62 years old and I will never play the outfield again.

I remember being able to go sit at my parents table and feel at home. They’re both gone now and I will never be able to do that again.

I remember leading churches- usually in positive ways. Now it appears that those days are over for me.

Changes come and adjustments need to be made. We can be angry that we can’t fix a thing. We can be frustrated that we can’t fix a thing.  We can spend the rest of our lives being miserable because we’re divorced or we lost that job, or something is not as we would wish.

We can sulk, we can be mad, or we can get up in the morning and ask God, what is the good? God please help me find it.

We can take our broken knees our broken plans our broken dreams and make life good for someone again.  This is done one step at a time, one moment at a time. And friends when you think about life,  that’s all we were ever asked to do.  One person, one moment, one step at a time.

Adjusting is not easy, but there is good here too.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

Holy Land Trip leaving January 20, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/HL20A-2.pdf

No comments: