Friday, June 7, 2019

mourning a loss

A friend wrote in about morning a loss.

I think that as we grow older, we collect more losses.  Losing friends and loved ones.  Changes in our appearance.  Limited abilities.  Random changes.  Things are out of our control.

There are losses to mourn.

I think it is important to give yourself time and space to mourn.  Experts say the big ones can take a couple of years. 

In my experience, there are two worst times of grieving that I can put my finger on.  One took 18 months to move thru, the second took 30 months.  The worst thing about both of these grief experiences for me is that they were a surprise, I did not see them coming.

Anyway to my friend who is grieving, I hug you from afar.  And to all who grieve, give yourself some time and space.  It is normal to hurt.

Remember that the grief is a sign of how much we loved.  Loved that time, that sport, that job, that person.  Remember the good.  Savor the good.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/ir20a.pdf

Holy Land Trip leaving January 20, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/HL20A-2.pdf

No comments: