Thursday, June 13, 2019

What I taught my kids


Sometimes I want to kick myself for what I taught my kids.  I did the best that I could.  I did what I thought was right.  But sometimes I wish I had done differently.  I will certainly do so for my grandchildren [that is if my kids ever get to work and provide me one or two or fifteen.]

Specifically, one thing that I wish I had done differently was to teach them about God and salvation.  What I taught my kids was this:  We are sinners, God is mad, God must be satisfied, so God killed Jesus to cover our sins.  If you believe this, then now you are in and everything is ok.

What this really sounds like is this…. God is vindictive.  God is pouting.  God demands a sacrifice.  God demands retribution.  [If this is your God, we have created a god that sounds very human and not so Godly.]

Here is what I wish I had taught my children, and what I intend to pass on to my grandchildren, [if I ever get any.]  “God loves you.  You are ok.  You are good.  God loves you just the way that you are.  You can give your life to him with joy.  God is love.  Follow the love.  Let your life be filled with love.

And to you my blog reader, let go of the God that is mad at you.  Embrace the God who made the world and loves you.  If our focus is on sin and retribution, we will always live in fear, a bit behind the eight ball.  But if we focus on God’s love, oh what joy can fill our hearts.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.

Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

Holy Land Trip leaving January 20, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl20012020g17768#eotours 

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/ir20a.pdf

Lands of the Bible Cruise
Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, Italy and the Holy Land
October 24-November 6, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/pf20092520a17768#eotours 



No comments: