Monday, June 24, 2019

the less I know

I was watching a movie the other day and one character said to another, "the older I get, the less I know."

I resemble this.  Although I am not old, I am older than I was.  As the weeks and months go by, I find that I remember less and forget more.  Lists used to be optional, now they are mandatory.

I have also lost part of my incentive to take on and change the world.  When I was young, I had a lot of tools in my toolbox and I could not wait to launch them on the church world.  I was a voracious reader.  These days, my tools look like they belong to an old carpenter and I am not reading much.

What I am doing is living one day at a time.  No pressure, no worries.  While part of me feels disengaged from what were my life dreams, I am enjoying life in ways that I never have before.

Yes the older I get the less I know.  But the older I get the more relaxed I am in and with life.  That is a good thing.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

Holy Land Trip leaving January 20, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl20012020g17768#eotours

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/ir20a.pdf


No comments: