Thursday, June 20, 2019

I wanted to be him

When I was a kid, there was a kid in my class that I wanted to be.  He had a cool name.  He had cool parents.  He was a great baseball player.  He was good looking.  He was popular.

Years later, his mom asked me to go visit him.  He was strung out on drugs.  He died before he was 30.

Looking back on all of that, I am glad that I wasn't him.  What a sad ending to a life.

Reflecting on this story I guess I would say to myself and anyone else who wishes they were like someone else:  just be you.  Be the best you that you can be.  Sure there are parts of you that seem to be less than someone else, but there are parts of you that are awesome.  Accept the gift that you are.  Become comfortable in your skin. 

I don't think that we can love others if we do not cherish the gift that God has made us.

You are good.  You are great!  You are awesome.  Be filled with love and joy.  Go share it!

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

Holy Land Trip leaving January 20, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl20012020g17768#eotours

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/ir20a.pdf


No comments: