Wednesday, July 29, 2020

On judging others

Oh my!!!
They are the wrong color.  They are the wrong political party!  They have pink hair!  They speak a brogue that I don't care for.  They are Irish.   They are Welsh.  They are not like me.

I judge them to be less than.  I shame them.  I send them away.  I don't want them.

And God doesn't care.  God doesn't care.  God doesn't care if I like them or not.  God doesn't care if I understand them or not.  God doesn't care if I have an affinity with them.

God only wants me to love them.  God wants me to see them as he sees me.  God looks past my faults.  God looks past my darkness.  God reaches for my soul.

So we should look past the darkness of others.  We should look past the strangeness of others.  We should see them as people and only look for their souls.

And hear me, the ones that this is the hardest for you to do for... this is exactly who you should do it for.  The ones that you want to throw away are exactly the ones that God wants to embrace.  And if he wants to embrace them, how can we do otherwise???

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: