Monday, April 26, 2021

My brain doesn't always think right

If you’re like me you commonly find yourself thinking about things

maybe you are even stuck thinking on things that you shouldn’t be thinking about
I have always been a rule follower. I was raised by strict Lutherans to follow the rules. This morning I took a drive around the neighborhood and was frustrated and upset by two families in our neighborhood of 64 homes who just can’t follow the rules- trash cans are out visible and there’s usually piles of trash or construction debris just general junk out for everyone to see. I wanna knock on the door and say why don’t you move to a neighborhood that doesn’t have rules if you don’t wanna follow them here???

Later Cathy and I went to the beach. I read the sign of the rules no fishing no pets no alcohol. And when I immediately got out to the beach I noticed a lot of people fishing and a lot of people with dogs. And I thought why can’t people just follow the rules.

Then I got to thinking...
what is wrong with me?
Why do I care?
Do I wanna spend my life always looking and wondering why these people don’t follow the rules???
Maybe I should just listen to the waves and watch the sunrise.



it’s a beautiful day in God‘s world if we’re paying attention. Don't get sidetracked, be sure to see the good

No comments: