Saturday, May 1, 2021

Am I in the right place?

 Those of us who have undergone a major life change often ask the question, "am I in the right place?"  Job change, retirement, and other situations can bring about a questioning of our role and status.

I was staining a fence on a handyman job.  The man of the house told the lady of the house that I used to be a Methodist Minister.  She came out to talk with me.

We talked about many things.  She wanted to know if it was hard to "stop" being a minister.  This is what I told her... "I was not put on this earth to be a minister, or a cook, or a bus driver, or a handyman.  I was put on this earth to love God and love people."

She started to cry.  She told me, "well today, you are exactly where you need to be."

Odd thing too, I didn't want to take this job.  The husband originally rubbed me the wrong way.  But it all turned out ok.

It is important every day that we make a point of remembering our purpose.  Why are we here?  Love God, love people.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: