Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Paying attention

There is an intersection not far from our home in Vero Beach where US 1 and Old Dixie parallel each other and at this point they are maybe 40 yards apart.  There have been some bad wrecks on the corner of 65th and Old Dixie.  I think people come up to the intersection but their focus is on the US 1 intersection.  And if you don't stop at Old Dixie, you can find yourself in a real jam because the cross traffic does not stop.

So I was in Kansas City last week, driving on Lees Summit road towards Woods Chapel Road by the Baptist Church.  I wasn't thinking about that intersection, my brain was thinking about turning on Colbern road.  I roll up to the intersection at 45 MPH and I notice this car pulling out in front of me.  Then I realize that there is a stop sign that I completely missed.  I hit the brakes.  They stopped.  Disaster avoided.

Sometimes it is good to think ahead, but other times it is really important to pay attention to what you are doing right now.  This moment matters.  The people in this moment matter.

It's a beautiful, worthwhile day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: