Monday, May 10, 2021

Take me to church

Happy Mother's Day, one day late.

We had some old friends in for the weekend.  Old friends.  Great friends.  We picked up right where we left off.  Amazing.  Beautiful.  Awesome.

We talked of many things.  We talked of church.  They are not currently going.  Neither are we.  She said that reading my blog was like going to church for her.

That got me to thinking.  Gosh, if she thinks that, I should work harder on posting to the blog.  I have been worried that too many of my ideas were repeats.  But you know what, if someone is looking for something to think about, maybe I should repeat.

Maybe I should just write about whatever is on my heart no matter how redundant.

Aaron I love you.  [random, but true.]

So yesterday was Mother's day.  It was a day that we dreaded when I was a child, because we were supposed to honor the person who shamed us.

If you are a mother, I hope that shame is not in your arsenal of how to raise children.  Jesus never shamed anyone.

The Jews hated the Romans.  But Jesus, with no judgement, healed the Roman Centurion's son.

Jesus never shamed anyone.  Shame on the church for shaming people.  For heaven's sake.

The woman at the well in John 4 had had 6 husbands.  Jesus did not shame her.

It is time for the century, the decade, the year, the month, the day, the moment of shame to come to an end.  I don't care who a person is or what they have done, Jesus has no litmus test.   No one is shamed, ever.

Everyone is loved.  Everyone is welcomed in Jesus' Church, just as your are.

No more shame.  Never, ever.  Everyone,  everyone is welcome here and in God's kingdom.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: