Monday, May 24, 2021

Recently heard

I was at a memorial service, a celebration of life for my dear friend Jody Goddard.  I will be posting over the next few days, hit and miss about some of what I heard there.

Jody was awesome, and if a funeral/memorial/celebration can be awesome, hers was.  No one had to pretend, no one had to lie.  All of the great things that were said were true.  She was amazing!!!

Here is a quote.  I don't remember who said it.

"It's not the things that you do that make you real, love makes you real."

Think about that... why do we love who we love?  Because they love us.  They go out of their way for us.  You can do things for people in an unloving way, and it matters not.  But when you love people, it's just good.

There should be lots more love in the world.  You and I can do something about that.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: