Thursday, May 6, 2021

They just want someone to talk to

My handyman work is booming right now.  That is one of the reasons that it is hard to post blogs.  In Florida, if you are working outside, you want to do it early.  So the time when I would normally write, I am loading up tools and heading to the job.

And I have noticed something lately.  Many, many, most of my clients are lonely.  They want me to come inside and take a break.  "Sit at my table and have some water," is a common comment.  Especially if they find out that I was a Pastor, they want to talk.

And so I sit at their table, and we talk.  About kids, about life, about everything.  And it occurs to me that many other people in life, whether I am working for them or not, probably need someone to talk to as well.

Be on the look out for those who need a friend, a hug, or a listening ear.  Take a break from your busy life and sit with them.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: