Friday, May 14, 2021

How much of life is about me?


We humans have an uncanny way of making everything about me.  Someone is telling us a story about their surgery, and before they can finish we start telling them about our surgery.  When I am driving, everyone should get out of my way.  I should have the best job.  I should have the best of everything.  I, I, I, me, me, me.  It's all about me.

The journey of the Christian life is to learn to make it less about me and more about others.  This begins with taking a fearless moral inventory of our own selfishness and seeing it for what it is.  The next big step involves seeing others as valuable.  Noticing other people and seeing that they matter.  They have a right to drive a car on the same road as I do.  They have a right to get warm fuzzys from me instead of cold pricklys.

How much of your day to day is about you?  Can we make an intentional effort to see others and care for them?

My worst moments are when I make it about me.  My happiest moments are when I am doing for someone else.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


No comments: