Thursday, May 27, 2021

Leaders don't inflict pain

When I was a Pastor there is a saying that I tried to live by.  Here it is: "Leaders don't inflict pain, they bear it."

Now when we had to cut the budget, I know that I inflicted pain.  But for the most part I wanted to save my staff and members from pain. 

If someone was unhappy, I wanted them to talk to me, not dump their stuff on my friends.  If someone needed to be straightened out, I always wanted to do it in the nicest way possible.

Sometimes people in power use their power to hurt others.  To lord it over them.

Good leaders don't inflict pain, they bear it.  Good people bear all the pain that they can so that others don't have to.

This example is set by Jesus.  He spread his arms and absorbed the pain.  Those who claim to follow Christ should do the same.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: