Tuesday, February 21, 2023

The Osprey

I had just finished my handyman job.  It was 11am and I had been working at a home a few hundred yards from the beach.  I loaded my tools into the vehicle and settled into the driver's seat.  That is when I noticed the osprey [sea eagle, bird of prey].


He/She was calling out repeatedly.  I rolled the car up closer and took his picture.  Then I got to wondering what he was up to.  I honked the horn, and he flew off.

And then I got to see what he was all excited about.  LUNCH!!!  Whether he was inviting a mate to join in the feast or telling others to keep away, he was pretty excited about his catch.


The fish on the other hand, not that excited.

And so, here is another chapter in the daily story of paying attention.  What is out there that we can see?  What is out there that we can value?  What is happening in God's world that we could see if we were paying attention?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: