I was thinking the other day about people who played an important role in my life along the journey.
And I want to start this by saying, if I don't mention you, its ok. I can't mention everyone.
The first significant person that I remember in my life was Greg Fisher. He was my first friend. We lost touch in 1969 when I was 12 and my family moved to California. Then I had Mark Stanton. He was my best friend in Jr. High. Bret Harte Jr High, San Jose, California. Then in high school, Mark Flammer and Dan Denevue.
These people saved me from my childhood.
I actually got to see Dan a few years ago. We were on a Napa trip and he came down to join us.
Then in my college years, I have to give a shout out to Mel Torre.
The three years that I laid asphalt, I was totally lost. I did not know it, but I was.
In seminary, I have to thank one of my professors, Bob Tuttle. He is still living and I get to have breakfast with him from time to time.
After that, life is a blur... J.T. Coody. Chuck Vananden. Bruce Minter. John Evans. Roger Grout. Wendel Myers.
Then we get to Woods Chapel and the number of significant humans accelerate dramatically. tons and tons of people that shaped me over the 22 years that I was there.
I hope you can name people who shaped your life. Let us give thanks for them!
It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.
- - - - - - - -
Sherri Swanson and I are leading a trip to New Zealand January 30-Feb 12, 2027
If you want to sign up, you can use my host number 17768 or Sherri's 57707
Here is a link for more information
Click here for New Zealand Info
Sherri Swanson and I are also leading a Canada/New England cruise in September of 2027
Here is the link for more information
No comments:
Post a Comment