Thursday, August 27, 2026

Ted Lasso

A few years ago, my buddy Aaron I. tried to get me to watch Ted Lasso.  I couldn't get into it at the time.  But I am loving it now.

In one episode a couple of the characters are discussing the privilege that we Americans know.  He said, "we fell out of the lucky tree and hit every branch on the way down..."  

Recently I was on a cruise.  I thought of how most of the workers on the ship are away from their families for months at a time.  I thought of how they live in very tight conditions and work very long hours.

Sure it is a better job than they would have at home in India or the Philippines, but these are not jobs that most Americans want.

A reminder... if you were born in the United States, you were born rounding 3rd base.

We have so much to be thankful for.

It's a beautiful day in God's world,  be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - -
Sherri Swanson and I are leading a trip to New Zealand January 30-Feb 12, 2027
If you want to sign up, you can use my host number 17768 or Sherri's 57707
Here is a link for more information
Click here for New Zealand Info

Sherri Swanson and I are also leading a Canada/New England cruise in September of 2027
Here is the link for more information

click here for Canada New England cruise info

No comments: