Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Die a happy man

Thomas Rhett sings a song, Die a Happy Man. It's a popular love song on the country circuit.

Here are some of the words.............

If I never get to see the Northern lights
Or if I never get to see the Eiffel Tower at night...
if I never get to build my mansion in Georgia
Or drive a sports car up the coast of California
Oh, if all I got is your hand in my hand
Baby, I could die a happy man


So on the eve of my 60th birthday, I want to let you know that I can die a happy man. [not that I plan to die soon]

I have done so many things in this life. I have seen so much.
I have been to every National Park west of the Mississippi.
I have stood by the ocean and listened to the waves.... in fact I can do that any day now.
I have owned beautiful homes.
I have birthed and raised wonderful children.
I have snow skied at 20 different resorts.
I have made the beer circuit at Epcot Center.
I got to be a part of some great churches.
I played softball with great guys for 15 years.
I ran, I jumped, I caught, I dropped, and we all laughed.
I have learned some jokes.  lots of really good jokes!!!
I have enjoyed working.  
I have made homes more beautiful.  I have painted, tiled, and fixed them.
I have been to Canada, Mexico, Israel, Turkey, Greece and Aruba.
I have driven a sports car on the coast of California.
I have basked in the Redwood forest.
I have had the best friends that anyone could ask for.

But most of all I can say this to you.... I can die a happy man, because in this life, I have loved and been loved.  It doesn't get any better than that.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: