I found these characteristics [edited] of bright/thoughtful people and I thought it was worth sharing. Bright/thoughtful people:
1. "They gather information before making a judgment."
"they listen more than they talk."
2. "They are comfortable and confident enough to admit when they don't know something but will look it up."
3. "They say 'no' often in the interest of their goals. They have a large toolbox, both figuratively and literally, as having the right tool makes all the difference, in terms of time to resolution. They tend to read often, not one thing but several things, or have some experience doing many different things; this gives a really well-rounded perspective."
4. "They remember small details about things and people and are able to use that information in a productive way to further their goal. Memory is important but knowing how and when to use facts that people have only said maybe once shows flexibility and adaptive intelligence."
5. "They're funny. Fast thinkers come up with great jokes on the spot."
6. "They ask substantial questions because they are actually listening to you instead of just waiting for their turn to speak."
7. "They admit when they're wrong."
8."They have high emotional intelligence. They understand that in social situations, often when forming opinions objectively, one needs to weigh in the feelings and perspectives of different people involved rather than give a black-and-white reasoning or response."
9. "They don't argue when it is obvious that someone they are talking to cannot be convinced of alternative thinking or a different viewpoint than their own."
"I'd like to add that intelligent people never argue against emotional arguments. The answer 'Because I don't like it' is a full dead end for example."
10. "They ask interesting questions and are not afraid to look like a beginner."
11. "When their conclusions are challenged, they happily expose their thought process for you, laying their decision-making process out in plain terms and inviting you to pick it apart."
12. "They'll always add counterpoints or 'arguments against' whatever they're saying (e.g. '...but I need to add that there are people who say this blah blah...'). Most ignorant people I know always speak like their opinions are established facts that are infallible."
May we all be more bright and thoughtful.
It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.
- - - - - - - -
Sherri Swanson and I are leading a trip to New Zealand January 30-Feb 12, 2027
If you want to sign up, you can use my host number 17768 or Sherri's 57707
Here is a link for more information
Click here for New Zealand Info
Sherri Swanson and I are also leading a Canada/New England cruise in September of 2027
Here is the link for more information
No comments:
Post a Comment