Sunday, September 13, 2026

We must always sing

I watched a very difficult movie on Netflix called "Waiting for the Barbarians."  It is very painful and so I cannot recommend it.

However, there was a quote that I found to be quite intriguing.  The main character, after suffering much outrage says, 

"What bird has the heart to sing, in a thicket of thorns?"

And this quote reminds me of the Henry Van Dyke quote which I am paraphrasing... "the forest would be a very quiet place if the only birds that sang were the ones with the good voices."

My point it this...  Whether good times or bad, whether joy or pain, even in a thicket of thorns, we who are God's birds, must sing our songs of life. our songs of hope, our songs of joy.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.


- - - - - - - -
Sherri Swanson and I are leading a trip to New Zealand January 30-Feb 12, 2027
If you want to sign up, you can use my host number 17768 or Sherri's 57707
Here is a link for more information
Click here for New Zealand Info

Sherri Swanson and I are also leading a Canada/New England cruise in September of 2027
Here is the link for more information

click here for Canada New England cruise info

No comments: