Wednesday, September 23, 2026

that blog post did nothing for me

















Someone wrote in to say that a particular post "did nothing for them."

I reminded them graciously of the language on the actual web site www.canyouhearthebirdssing.blogspot.com

Here it is:

"This blog may or may not inspire, may or may not be humorous, but will always be honest. This blog is Jeff's attempt to remind himself and others that God is greater than anything, and if we just look hard enough, we can see the good in life, and if we slow down and listen, we can hear the birds sing."

I know that not every thing that I write will bless you. I can't always have a spiritual thing to say. Sometimes, we humans just do not feel spiritual.

But I do want to be honest. And I want to provide honest talk about life, about love, about our joys and about our failures. Sometimes that is going to be painful.

I am less interested in a person being blessed by this blog, and more interested in inviting readers to think about things, to think about life.  I want to stretch your brain, and I want you to stretch mine.

I invite your responses always to my email at jsbrink57@gmail.com

I will welcome your notes, whether they inspire me or not. That is just how life works.


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.

- - - - - - - -

Sherri Swanson and I are leading a trip to New Zealand January 30-Feb 12, 2027
If you want to sign up, you can use my host number 17768 or Sherri's 57707
Here is a link for more information
Click here for New Zealand Info

Sherri Swanson and I are also leading a Canada/New England cruise in September of 2027
Here is the link for more information

click here for Canada New England cruise info

No comments: