I am 69 years old. I have experience with pain. Not all kinds of pain, but I have known knee pain. I have known pinched nerves. I have been thrown away by people that I loved. And I was once on an airplane that almost crashed. When the flight attendant start to cry, you know it is serious.
I am not a spring chicken.
So last week I was on an airplane. One row back and on the other side was a mother with two children. An 8 year old boy and a 13 year old daughter.
After the plane took off, when it was transitioning through the clouds towards it's ultimate flight altitude, we experienced some turbulence. It wasn't bad, but this was the first flight for the two children. The thirteen year old daughter responded to the turbulence with fear, shouting and crying out loud.
Everyone around her, including me, tried to reassure her that everything was ok. She finally calmed down.
The moral of the story is this... the pain that we deal with along the way of life helps us to deal with other pain and more pain. And it helps us to mentor those who are experiencing pain for the first time.
I have never welcomed pain, but I see now that what I have suffered with along the way has helped me face today's pain with grace and maybe has helped me offer a steadying hand to others who have not travelled this way before.
Offer a steadying hand whenever you are able.
It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.
- - - - - - - -
Sherri Swanson and I are leading a trip to New Zealand January 30-Feb 12, 2027
If you want to sign up, you can use my host number 17768 or Sherri's 57707
Here is a link for more information
Click here for New Zealand Info
Sherri Swanson and I are also leading a Canada/New England cruise in September of 2027
Here is the link for more information

No comments:
Post a Comment