Sunday, November 21, 2010

give thanks, day 21

Today I am thankful for being older. Older than what? Older than I was. Yes it is true that I am slower, and fatter, and everything else that goes with that. Yes it is true that I have a bad knee and I am starting to lose my hearing. The hair, well, what can I say.

But along with the obvious challenges to being 53, there are the joys. My children are growing up well. My oldest is getting ready to graduate college and enter the work force!!!!!! I have seen so many places. I have met and loved so many people. I am a little more relaxed. A little easier to get along with. A little more loving. Older isn't always a bad thing. After all, we all have friends that died in their 40's.

So today, I am thankful for the journey, all 53 years.

PS- tomorrow, Charlie F, Tim C and I will be leaving for a ten day trip to Mozambique. Our sister church there is dedicating their new sanctuary and they wanted some of us to join them for the celebration. It is a 22 hour plane flight. Please keep us in your prayers.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Giving thanks. Day 21 and 1/2

During Jeff's 53-year journey, some things may have changed. But the great preaching just keeps getting better.

Day 21 and 1/2...thankful for Jeff's sermon this morning. Praying for your trip.