Thursday, November 4, 2010

give thanks, day 4

Today I am thankful for forgiveness. It has been said, "to err is human, to forgive is divine." I am thankful that God forgives me. I am thankful for people that forgive me.

But I am also thankful for the ability to forgive others and for the freedom and wholeness that comes into my life as I am able to forgive others. Recently I spoke with a person who had some terrible things done to them. From a human standpoint, the acts were unforgivable. Imagine the worst things that you can think of.

They did not want to forgive. I understood. The person in no way deserved forgiveness.

But, we began to talk about what happens to me when I don't forgive. What happens to my heart when I refuse to release the pain. When you don't forgive, you are still giving the people that hurt you power over your life. To forgive them isn't just good for them, it is good for you.

I am thankful for forgiveness.

It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: