Monday, November 1, 2010

giving thanks

November. November means thanksgiving. Again this year I want to use this blog to remind myself to be thankful for something every day during the month. 30 days of giving thanks. I want to invite you, to challenge you to do the same. Find at least one thing to be thankful for each day. It is such a good and such a Christian habit.

Thankful. Today I am thankful for God's love. Sometimes I forget about God's love for an hour or a day or more. When I do forget, I can get very concerned about whatever is going on. When I remember that God loves me, then I am at peace. I recover the sense that everything is ok. When I remember that God loves me, I can abide in him. It is surely one of the most important things that a Christian can know. Please know that God loves you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

H4EO said...

Today as yesterday, I am thankful for the leadership of this congregation. As you ponder how to proceed with building plans, know that I have complete confidence your decisions on our behalf will fulfill our desire to connect others to Jesus Christ. I trust your hearts - I trust your heads - and I trust the hand of God is guiding.

On a personal note; even if we build a Worship Center slab of grade, I dream of a day when we have a sanctuary large enough for families to worship together. Children watching their parents bend a knee at the rail in reverence and surrender. Young and old praising together - learning together - being made whole together. If only this was a child's image of a normal life.

Sharon said...

I am going to bundle up three of the things I'm thankful for into one big Hallelujah! Music, the Gospel choir and Kris B. Together, they have brought me joy and an awesome way to praise God.

Anonymous said...

Each year when I read your November 'thankful' posts I tell myself that I need to make the effort to do this and write it down. I have failed so far! Each day however I could fill with the fact that God gave me such a wonderful child to raise. To be entrusted with the gift of a child that He trusts you to take care of and raise knowing that she is God's child first and yours second is something that I will forever and daily be thankful for.

Tonia