Saturday, March 10, 2012

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Scott-

21 years ago today, you popped into this world.  The nurses had to hold you back until the doctor got there.  I am smiling now just remembering the evening you were born.  It was the Sunday night of the big 8 tournament final.  Your mom wouldn't leave for the hospital until she saw where her KU Jayhawks were seeded in the NCAA tournament.  Then I had to drive like a bat out of hell to get her to the hospital - 45 miles away!

Anyway, what a joy it has been to be your dad.  Like Peter Panning in the movie "Hook" you are my happy thought.  This is a milestone day for you.  And although we are miles apart, you are near and dear to my heart. 

I hope you get a chance to read this because I love you very much and I am proud of you. 
Love, Dad

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: