Thursday, March 15, 2012

I have your back

Recently I engaged in a discussion with a friend.  Isn't it nice to have a friend?  Just the thought, at this moment, makes me smile.

We were talking about something that I said, and how those words came across.  I did not mean to upset him with my words, I was trying to be funny.  He explained that he knew that, and then he said this - "never worry about me, I always have your back."

I always have your back.  Wow.  Those are giant words.  I am in your corner.  I know who you are.  I know what you are about and I am with you.  You can trust me.  You can rely on me.  We are in this together. 

To have someone's back is a great gift.  From one friend to another, from a parent to a child, from our Father to us.  I have your back.  Good words.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Donna said...

At one time or another it is always good to know that someone has your back.