Monday, November 18, 2013

skunk

The other day I was driving down 291 and I was changing lanes.  65 mph and I am moving over into the slow lane because my exit is coming up.  I notice in the road, right in between the lanes, is a dead skunk.  Flat, smashed, squished, skunk.  Flat as a pancake.  He looked much like the one in this picture.

Well, I am not worried about this.  I don't even try to avoid him.  After all, I am going 65 mph and how stinky can he be as flat as he is?

I did not even feel him as the truck rolled right over him.  But let me tell you what, there was plenty of stink left in that flat skunk.  My truck smelled like a skunk for the rest of the day. 

Lesson learned.

There are some things in life that are just stinky.  Dangerous things that need to be avoided.  See them for what they are and avoid them.  A skunk is a skunk is a skunk.

It's a beautiful, good smelling day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OR, you can embrace them and make a gig out of them, like Mr. Stinky Feet does.

Love your analogies.

Carol said...

Funny thing...a few weeks ago on Todd George a big fat skunk ran out in front of my car. I did not hit it, but it sprayed my car as I drove over it. The smell came in through the vents and my car smelled for about 10 days. I actually left work the next morning still feeling sick. Allowed a lot of conversations and met alot of friendly, helpful employees at Feldmans and Westlakes as they helped me find products. What was most helpful was a few cups of fresh ground coffee beens sitting in cup holders! God is good...it was a very healthy looking skunk.