Wednesday, November 13, 2013

thankful

When I was a child we would sit at the thanksgiving table and my dad would ask us a question.  Each in turn around the table was invited to answer this: "what are three things that you are thankful for?"

It was very uncomfortable because I was not yet accustomed to the gift of gratitude.  We would circle the table and awkwardly mention that we were thankful for our brothers and sisters, which of course, was not true.

But, thank God, today I am much more thankful.  Thankful for 100 things.  For 1,000 things.

Here are my three things for today.
1.  for my wife and children
2.  for my friends
3.  for a loving church family

What are you thankful for?  I would like to know if you have three things that you are thankful for.

It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Thankful for our freedom
2. Thankful for the blessing of two wonderful parents and for the gift of my children
3. Thankful for the four distinct seasons we have here and the ever changing beauty outside.

Unknown said...

1. My mom and her sacrifice to raise my brothers, sister and me after my father and stepfather had passed.

2. Nature and all her glory.

3. Friends, old and new...........

Anonymous said...

First off, I am thankful for all three things that you are thankful for because they apply to me as well. Three additional things I am thankful for and not necessarily in this order, are my parents who did the best they could to give me the basis for my Christian believes,this great country that we live in and the freedoms we have, most of all I am thankful for Jesue Christ who give his life so that we could all be saved if we ask him and believe in him.

Carol said...

1. Growing relationship with Lord.
2. Family; children's children are a crown to the aged!
3. Health

The first two were easy...it was hard to pick only three.