Thursday, April 24, 2014

those who say

I am sure that I have written about this before, but it just keeps coming back up.  The world is full of people who need to tell you how good they are, and how cool they are.  And so that takes me to an old saying, "those who say, don't know, those who know, don't have to say."

If you are great, others will tell you.  If  you try to tell others you are cool, it doesn't count.  It's like blowing your own horn.  It should never be done.  How cool one is never needs to be discussed by one's self. I hope my kids think I'm cool but I am never going to tell them that I am cool.  Good people know good.  You don't have to point out your own goodness. 

Character, wisdom, being right, is it's own reward.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.  Enjoy it for what it is.  No bragging is necessary.

No comments: