Monday, April 28, 2014

What would we do?



Dearest Woods Chapel Friends,
My name is Ami and I have the distinct honor of having Jeff Brinkman as one of my dear friends. 
Jeff asked me if I would fill in and post on his blog while he enjoys some much deserved time off.  Please know that this request is an absolute honor and touched my heart.  Thank you Jeff.  I am smiling.
When Jeff asked me to fill in, I have to admit I was a little nervous.  What could I possibly say that would touch your hearts, make your day better or simply make you laugh like Jeff and the Lion's Den Man ?  Well, those of you who know me, know that I love "quotes".  I have them everywhere.  So, I only had to turn around to see my answer "If someone offers you an amazing opportunity and you're not sure you can do it, say yes - then learn how to do it later" Richard Branson
So here I am!!!  I am doing it.....writing to you.  I hope what I have to say over the next couple of day's touches you, makes you think and above all else, makes you smile.
I am Ami, the proud Mother of 7 beautiful children and two amazing and very handsome step-sons.  Collectively, I have 6 daughters and 3 sons.  I am a blessed woman.  I am honored to be Larry's wife.  He's a wonderful husband and my very best friend in the entire world.  I have 3 horses, 1 dog and 4 cats.  I love my life and my Woods Chapel Family.  Thank you for your smiles on Sunday, your hugs, and your sweet gentle hand squeezes after we sing hand in hand.
So, I've had this question in my head recently and threw it out to all of my children, my Mom and Dad, my Sister and Brother, my Best Friend and my Husband.   I encourage you to do the same.  You may be surprised with the answers you get back.  Their responses made me smile and I wanted to share them with you.  Here's the question. "If you could spend one day with me, what would we do?"
Here are the answers I received back:
Children: (not all answered)
Lauren - "We would be in California, Napa Valley eating cheese and drinking wine....lots of wine"
(Lauren is 27.  Sounds age appropriate huh?) Salute!
Alexa - "Have a Mother Daughter trip, even in some remote area.  No crazy lavish stuff.  Just a fun day to talk, drink wine and bond" (What's with the wine???  Alexa is 25 and lives in Chicago)  Oh well, sounds fun!  Again, Salute!!
Nicole - "I would travel the globe with you helping out children, eating food, drinking wine and loving life!!" Ahhh.......a Los Pinos companion.  Great answer Nicole.... Let's make it happen. (Notice wine made the cut again?  A big SALUTE!  PS  Did I mention that we are Italian?) Nicole is 23.
Michaela - "Oh you know, I'd go to lunch and have a Mommy Daughter day" (Easy peasy.....we will definitely make this happen) Michaela is 19.
Mackenzie - "Email my counselor so I can take my final and be done with high school!" Mackenzie is 18.  Enough said on that one huh?
Brother Tony - "Spend the day at the lake.....chillin...eating good food...swimming....lazy in the sun day talking to my sister". Ahhhhh.......sounds like Heaven.  I love my baby brother.
Sister Nicki- "Catch up and relax doing whatever we want.  Just being able to spend time would be enough."  As it should be. I don't see her enough.  "Quality not quantity."
Best Friend Joelle - "Shop, talk, work out, horseback ride, laugh, talk, laugh some more and solve all of our issues by talking some more! Have vodka tonics, crack up and live every minute!!!"
So what do you think???  Easy right?  Sometimes, meeting people's needs and touching their hearts is easier than we thought.  Let's make the time for those we cherish so much.  Every minute of every day is a gift.
And remember......."It's a beautiful day in Gods world, be sure to see the good".  (Now...REALLY do it, turn all the way around......do a three sixty (360) with your eyes wide open and really look. It's everywhere, the world God created is amazing.


No comments: