Sunday, September 28, 2014

choosing

Life is full of choices.  Sometimes we make choices that hurt the people that we love.  Over time, distance can grow between people that were once deeply in love.

Years ago, when I was in my 20's I asked my mom about her relationship to Dad.  She did not have much good to say.  I asked her if she could try to make it better.  She said that she had tried and tried for many years and that she was just not going to try anymore.

How sad!

Friends, we don't have to settle for pain and distance.  We can keep working on relationships.  Every Sunday in church we can go to our Father and ask for help.  In fact, we can ask him for help, anytime, anywhere, any day.

Please don't ever give up on an important relationship.  They can usually get better if we stay after it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: