Saturday, September 13, 2014

Toe

What do you do when you stub your toe?  Call a tow truck!

My toe had a couple of unfortunate encounters recently with a bed frame.  I was working on a window repair and for some reason my foot kept finding the bed frame.  Ouch!!!

To do it one time is bad.  But to stub your toe repeatedly in the same place, well that is just plain foolish. 

I had a thought about this.  It is not the bed frame's fault.  That bed frame has sat there for years.  It has not moved.  It did not jump out at me or slide over when it saw me coming. 

As in most situations, I was in a hurry.  I was not being careful.  Human nature is to blame the bed frame or something besides myself, but lets face it, when we stub our toe, we do it to ourselves.  We must take responsibility.  Self inflicted pain is a very humbling thing.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: