Thursday, September 25, 2014

economic collapse

Speaking of worry, I have heard voices my entire life that are warning of economic collapse.  Occasionally over the years, that voice has been mine.  I just don't understand how we can continue on as a nation, spending more than we take in.  It seems like something will have to give.

Well, I am 57 years old and I will bet that I have thought of this weekly for 37 years.  And to date, no economic collapse.  Changes?  Yes of course.  But no collapse.  And so I wonder what I might have been able to accomplish with all of the time that I have wasted worrying.

And what if there is a collapse?  There have been many around the world through history.   People continue to live, to eat, to have families, and even go to church.  My Dad tells me the story of when he asked his father the question, "Dad, what will we do if bread goes to 5 cents a loaf?"  The answer from my grandfather to my father to the question of what will we do if bread is 5 cents per loaf was "son, we will find a way to buy bread."

In short, we will figure it out.  It will all be ok.  We survived the depression.  We survived WW2.  Nations have survived invasion by the Romans, the Greeks, and a host of others.  Putin will come and go.  So will Tiger Woods, Justin Bieber and all the rest of us.  The trick is not to lose sight of what is important along the way.

Life is good.  We are surrounded with many great people.  Let's worry less and live more.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: