Sunday, March 8, 2015

a gift

I shared a meal the other day with a friend.  It is someone that I have known for a long time.  I told them how much I appreciated them and what a fine person I thought they are.  Sometimes it is hard to articulate why you like someone.  There is an intrinsic goodness  about this person.



Later I thought more on the topic of why I like this person.  He always makes you feel special.  When I was new to town, he made me feel special.  When I had very few friends, he made me feel special.  Whether I see him a lot or a little, he has a way of making me feel valued.  He inspires me to be friendly and caring.



This is a gift.  This is a gift that I wish more people had.  This is a gift that all of us can exercise.  Who can you care about today?  Who can you cause to feel special today?  Invest yourself in another and bring them joy.



It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: