Saturday, March 14, 2015

yesterday's post

Yesterday I posted this and then I had an interesting thought.  So please re-read this and then see where my brain went........

From yesterday:
They have a need.  They need food.  They need clothes.  They need a bath.  They need a home.  They need us to help them.  They need us.  Whether in Russia, Nicaragua, or Westport, they need us.

But, what we often overlook is this: we need them as well.

Imagine a world, a utopia, where everyone had everything that they needed.  We would never be able to help anyone because no one would need help.  No one would appreciate anything because no one would have ever have experienced want.  We would simply be consumers, blindly doing what ever we wanted with all of our abundance.  It would be the most self consumed of all possible lives.

Wait!  Wait!  hold the horses!  My brain says, "stop!" Isn't that how lots of people think anyway?  Isn't our country filled with people that are simply blind consumers doing what ever they want with their abundance?  Haven't I been that person before?

Lord, please don't let me be that person anymore.  Lord help me find the joy of living generously.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right about this. Thanks for enlarging your comments.