Wednesday, March 11, 2015

homeless part 2

We have heard it said, "don't give them any money, they are just going to buy alcohol."  Maybe you and I have said it ourselves.

Well, let's have an honest talk - Do you drink?  Have you ever felt stressed and were so glad to pop a beer, or a margarita or a scotch and water? 

These homeless  people are lonely and cold.  We would not trade our issues with them for anything in the world.  I gave the guy $5.  And he might buy a cheap bottle of wine with it?  So what is the problem?

Let me ask you a question.  And think before you answer.
Think.

If you had no family to care for you, no home, no job, no self respect, and you were going to have to sleep tonight in 15 degree weather under a bridge, wouldn't you want a bottle of cheap wine? 

I would thank God for the person who eased my pain.  I would thank God that I could go to sleep and forget my worries.  Maybe I would dream of having a shower, a job and a haircut.  Maybe I would dream of having a normal life.

In the kingdom,  the first shall be last and the last shall be first.  Never hold back from being generous.  God has blessed us so that we can help others.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: