Tuesday, March 31, 2015

conditions

We like to put conditions on our happiness. 

I will be happy when my kids are healthy.  I will be happy when I make more money.  By the way, Americans are the richest people in the world, but they report that they will be happy when they make 20% more than they do right now.  We have so much.............

I will be happy when I get a new car.  I will be happy when I get that new job.  I will be happy when.....

Do you sense the silliness of such thinking?  We have attached the joy in our life to things that are out of our control.  The fact of the matter is that the Kingdom is within you.  Happiness is within you.  If you are a child of God, and you are, the Spirit within you is begging to tell you that life is good and you are loved.

Are you looking to outside influences and circumstances for happiness or are you looking within your heart to the place where the Spirit dwells?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: