Wednesday, March 8, 2017

deconstruct

I am remodeling our bathroom.  The tub and shower combo was old and dirty.  It was one of those set ups that you just can't keep clean.  So my wife said, "it's time for the tub to go."  So the tub is coming out and a walk in shower is going in.

It has been 4 years since I took on a project of this size.  It is a lot of work.  Good thing I don't have a job or I wouldn't have time to do this.

Here is something that I noticed.  It took me 4 hours to remove the sliding glass doors, the tub surround and the tub.  Deconstruction was easy.  Putting the bathroom back together is taking much longer.

And so here is a lesson for life.  It is much easier to tear a thing down then to build a thing up.  It is easier to pick a person apart then to build them up.  Deconstruction is easy.  Making something beautiful takes patience and care.

Resist the human urge to tear down that group, that idea or that person.  On the contrary, look for ways to build them up.  It is more difficult to build up, but it feels much cleaner.

I will show you some pictures of the walk in shower when it is done, but it is taking a while.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: