Friday, March 31, 2017

spiritual vs secular

I have written about this before, but it has been on my mind so I am going to hit it again.

 This is my disclaimer.  Read it and understand: Yes there are mean people and there is music that I find distasteful.   But in general after that, Everything is spiritual.

Yes.  Going to church, reading the bible, quoting scripture and the like is spiritual.  Listening to "Christian" music is spiritual.

But did you know that some people go to toxic churches?  That is not spiritual.  Some misuse and even worship the bible.  That is not spiritual. Some "Christian" music has terrible theology and music that is just plain bad.  So not everything that is tauted as spiritual is that spiritual.

It is also spiritual to listen to James Taylor.  To read Tom Clancy.  To walk around the block.  All spiritual.  You see, for Jesus, all of life was spiritual.  If you stopped Jesus and asked him how his spiritual life was doing he would say, "what?  What do you mean?  It's all spiritual."

Jesus said, "I always do what pleases the father." John 8:29
Jesus ate.  It pleased the Father.  Jesus went to the bathroom.  It pleased the Father.  Jesus got dirty.  It pleased the Father.  Jesus had emotions.  It pleased the Father.

All of life is good.  All of life is beautiful.  Everything is spiritual.  See it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But can u b spiritual n still not gain salvation

Anonymous said...

I reread your blog n think I answered my own question Sorry n the answer is yes?