Tuesday, March 21, 2017

for you

So I was talking to a friend the other night.
That is an interesting thought.... I have a friend.....
This friend told me to write to them.... so here we go....

I have talked about this before, but I love this story.....

In the movie The Replacements Keanu Reaves plays a quarterback that had choked in the Sugar Bowl. Because of his failure, he lost the chance to play professional football and his confidence was broken. In this movie, he gets a second chance. When faced with a similar situation as the one he failed at in the Sugar Bowl, Reaves chickens out again. In response to this, his coach, Gene Hackman gets in his face and makes the statement, "Winners always want the ball when the game is on the line."

The first time I heard these words, I stopped in my tracks. I paused the movie. I thought of the many times that I was fearful or hurt and wanted to pull back. I thought of the times in softball when my team needed me to get a hit and I was nervous. I thought of all the challenges in church and how easy it is sometimes to curl up into a ball and go and hide.

For years I have been saying to myself. Winners always want the ball when the game is on the line.  It really does not matter what other people do.  What matters is what you do.  You can only control what you do.  Sometimes in the midst of pain and struggle, you have to get up and get after a thing. You can always quit another time, but not today. The world is changed by those who step up, get in the game and give life their very best.

The game may be on the line. Missions may be on the line.  Winners want the ball, they want a chance. Step up. Get in the game. You will be glad that you did.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very encouraging blog Thanks for them Now way for us to keep in touch Have a happy day 🙂