Saturday, March 18, 2017

U sure r being strong here

On Monday I posted about "leaving the self behind."  Someone commented, "U sure r being strong here."

So I am sitting here today thinking about how I did not mean for that post to sound harsh.  I do not believe in guilt.  It is a horrible motivator.  Jesus never guilted anyone.

So we I speak of self renunciation, please do not feel any sense of "I am a bad person" or "you are a bad person."  I was simply trying to remind myself and all of us, that we are our own worst enemies.  We too often get in the way of grace.

The joy of the Christian life is not found in having it our way, but it loving others.  That is all I was trying to say.  I don't ever want this blog or my words to hurt a person.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If we are a believer, when we are in sin then truth will inflict pain if we are being sensitive to Gods prompting. This can be translated as guilt or sorrow, but Godly sorrow brings us to repentance. So it is not the deliverer of the message but our own conscience. I'm thinking about 1 John 3:20-22,